In this episode, you will find out six ways you can lead a high-performance team. This is a follow-up podcast to our book club selection, Boundaries for Leaders by Dr. Henry Cloud.
- A leader always creates what he or she allows.
- Leaders, know that you are ridiculously in charge of all aspects of you team. However, know how to weild that power respectfully.
- Be mindful of the warning signs from your team that clearly indicate that boundaries are needed. Here are a few examples:
- Negative Thinking
- Lack of Results
- Not Focused
- Low Morale
- As leaders we are called to show up, to attend to the vision, goals and challenges that our teams walk through on a daily basis.
- We are also called to inhibit those behaviors or actions that should not take place.
- Leaders can ensure a healthy workplace through boundaries where everyone can feel safe and respected.
- Understanding that having a positive emotional climate is essential for leaders because it has been proven that positivity has a direct impact on your team’s results.
- No matter now much your IQ score may be, having a negative attitude can do much more damage than your smarts can ever have.
- When a leader understands that giving select control to their teams on certain teams will make them thrive – that leader will be giving out control all of the time.
- When leading, don’t be limited by your fears. Grow past your fear to make the decisions that need to be made for your team.
Links and Resources
Thank you for listening!
Having a high performance team really depends on leaders setting the boundaries needed in order for them to thrive and be their best. I trust this will inspire you to take a look at your team and make any improvements needed. Let me know what your biggest takeaway was in the comments!
P.S. If you are looking for a good list of boundaries to have as a leader, check out this post. Cheers!